The term of the project:
The main goal of the MILAN project is the elaboration of an innovative training course in the field of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality usage in the education of Robotics and Automation.
MILAN project is directly addressed to the Erasmus+ call 2018 Horizontal priority “Open and innovative practices in a digital era” – project activities are oriented to elaboration high-quality, open and innovative training materials and tools in the field of Robotics and Automation with the support of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. All developed MILAN training materials will be installed on an interactive e-learning platform. This web-based platform will allow the new quality of training oriented on identified needs of the target groups representatives, in the field of Advanced Manufacturing. The MILAN training system will contain online e-learning course, lessons for mobile devices, interactive exercises and movies available either for PC, tablets, and smartphones. MILAN results will use modern ICT solutions, including Virtual and Augmented Reality. All the training systems will be implemented on a special, dedicated Multifunctional Educational-training ICT platform.
Project main target groups are:
- People employed at SMEs: workers tending advanced machines (robots, automats, assembling cells/machines), middle-level technical staff
- Teachers/trainers/consultants in the field of Robotics and Automation
- Students of vocational schools
Main expected results of the MILAN project:
- Case studies – information about best practices and technologies possible to use in project outputs development and project outputs exploitation.
- MILAN Curricula – structure and specification of network modules supporting vocational education and training in the field of advanced manufacturing.
- MILAN Training content – training course content in the scope of Advanced Manufacturing with the utilization of ICT solutions including VR and AR technologies for education.
- Multifunctional Educational-Training Network Platform that will contain:
- eLearning system
- lessons for mobile devices
- interactive exercises
- movies for PC, tablets, and smartphones
- MILAN Training Methodology – methodology will be dedicated to support project implementation.